Thursday, April 4, 2013

Tasting the new brew

Finally opened my new brown for tasting at the start of the new year. It pours with a nice solid, lasting head and is very smooth. 

Taste-wise it is smooth and caramel on the tongue with no aftertaste. It's a great beer to have with a steak and  potato.

The beer is named Taught Watch in a, ahem, nod (cough - inside joke - cough) to something we keep hearing in the Coast Guard. "We are Coast Guardsmen. This is our chosen profession. This is our way. This is what we do. Stand a Taut Watch. Semper Paratus."

This has been one of my favorite beers so far and I was very worried about it as the county just changed our water system over to reverse osmosis. Previously we had very hard water here is Elizabeth City, N.C., and it has lead to pretty good brews. The change had me worried that I may need to add gypsum or some other brewing minerals to my boil to help out.

Turns out I didn't need it. If you've had it leave a comment and tell me what you thought.

Now it's time to try my own recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment