Monday, January 9, 2012

The obligatory first post

You have to start somewhere...

I'm going to attempt to start blogging again. This is meant as a means to share my adventures in homebrewing and my love of the craft of creating beer.

I have to thank my dad for teaching me the pleasure of truly enjoying a beer. He taught me the craft and love that can go into a well made, real beer.

Yeast pitchedLate in 2011 I bought a one-gallon brew kit from the great people at The Brooklyn Brew Shop. My first time brewing beer and I decided to get into it head first by brewing all grain from the start. I had heard horror stories from some about all grain brewing but I was bound and determined to go all grain or go home.

For my day job I'm in the Coast Guard so I wanted to make sure that when I jumped into home brewing I could do it with minimal equipment to lug around the country as I continue with that career. The Brooklyn Brew Shop's kit fit the bill perfectly. All I needed to add was a couple of pots, a strainer, a funnel and some bottles.

I have to say that all grain brewing wasn't that hard and I now look forward to brewing a new batch all the time. Stay tuned and enjoy the adventure with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment