Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Why should I follow?

When I started homebrewing in October I did lots of research, read lots of forums and magazine articles, talked to friends who homebrew (more on that in a future post) and really looked for information that could help me do it right. The issue I found was that almost all of the information that's out there is for brewing 5-gallon batches or greater. This makes sense of course because of the amount of work involved brewing 5-gallons or more at a time gives you a greater return for your investment.

We'll see in a few daysI wish I could brew 5-gallon batches; not that I can't but I really don't have the space for it. I looked at doing a kit brew like Mr. Beer but I really have never had an interest in extract brewing. When I stumbled on the 1-gallon kit from Brooklyn Brew Shop I knew I had found what I was looking for.

With a small investment I was able to brew a great, fresh, all-grain brew. Why does this matter to you?

I plan to use this site to create a resource for all of the broom closet brewers out there. Let's face it there are some awesome resources out there for homebrewers but there are few for anyone brewing less than 5-gallons at a time. I really want to develop my own recipes because most of those out there are designed for large batches. On top of all of this not everyone can afford the cost of homebrew equipment or the space requirements. There are some cheaper methods to brew but some of them can be problematic.


Broom closet brewing is perfect for renters and apartment dwellers. You need nothing more than your stove, the water you drink, your ingredients, some small equipment for brewers and a place for your beer to mature. Trust me on this, the first time you pop open your beer, knowing the time and effort you put into it, it will be a memorable moment.

Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment