Saturday, July 21, 2012

Brew Travel: Dogfish Head Brewing


I had the opportunity to stop by Dogfish Head Brewing in Delaware a few weeks ago on my way home from New Jersey. I didn’t get to go on the tour because it was sold out but I did enjoy the brewpub and and a quick look around.
dogfish headThe brewery itself is in a neighborhood, which caused me to think I was lost at first. The brewery is expanding right now and they were adding new tanks to the outside. If you every watched the Discovery series “Brew Masters” you know about theSteampunk Treehouse outside the brewery. If you haven’t, the treehouse is an all metal, steampunk inspired, interactive art piece that debuted at the Burning Man festival. I would love to get to play in it for five minutes…let alone have it in my front yard.
treehouse
As you walk into the building there is a glass enclosed conference room. Sam, the owner, was inside filming a podcast for their newest beer. The store has a tasting bar and all the clothes, logo gear, glasses and most importantly beer that you could want.
After finishing film Sam came into the store and spoke with some of the people waiting for the tour. I love a brewery that welcomes you like this. You got the sense that everyone was happy to be there and on the team. 
After the brewery and a few purchases I headed off to the brew pub for lunch. The place just opened for the day and was already packed. They have a small lot s you are most likely going to end up parking on the street. Just as a heads up the meters take quarters only.
Find a seat at the bar and order up a make your own taster and a bite to eat. I had:
The food and beer were great. If you’re ever in Delaware and have the opportunity stop by and say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment