Thursday, September 20, 2012

In San Juan Again


I had to go back to San Juan...not in the sense that, "gee I had such a great time I need to go back" but in the, "There I was sitting on a beach drinking a fruity rum drink and I got a call telling me to get back to San Juan pronto." No I'm not kidding and it was just like that when I found myself back in San Juan unexpectedly. Even better, I couldn't get a hotel room for the first night so I had to sleep at the Coast Guard Base...at least it was a clean bed...I think.

Coming back to San Juan allowed me to check out some other great beer places. I was back at the Caribe Hilton enjoying ocean views and great views of people playing in the pools and ocean. While this time I had a lot of work to do, with long hours I still managed to find a couple of good places and revisit some old favorites from two days before.

I'm just going to cover some of the new places on this trip.

The Pina Colada Club is located in the Caribe Hilton. Though it's a little pricey, it is reasonable for a hotel restaurant. They have good ceviche, massive hot dogs and Brooklyn Brewery and Magic Hat beers. This ended up as my go to place when I was tired and didn't want to go out. The bartender called me a beer snob after I turned down a Magic Hat Number 9 because I wanted to try something new...she also couldn't pronounce Leinenkugels.

Buns is a good burger and beer joint in Condado across from the Marriott. They have good food, good fries and a good beer selection ranging from Belgians to local brews and a few things in between.

I was here for ten days but with the long hours I just didn't get to explore like I usually do. Anyway, safe travels and keep reading there's always more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment