Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Long Beach Beer Scene: The Yard House: UPDATE

I finally heard back from the Yard House about my experience drinking a beer full of glass a couple of weeks ago. If you missed it here is the original post.

Last night I received a form letter back from the corporate office with a $35 gift card. The letter simply said thanks for letting us know about your experience and we apologize. Please accept this gift card as a token of our apology. We hope you give us another chance.
I’m not too hip on accepting this for a couple of reasons.

1. I don’t feel they were sincere at all. I got the sense the manager was more concerned that I would sue them than if I was truly ok. All he did was ask if I was ok, nothing else.

2. My bill with tip was $50. At the time of the incident I would have given kudos to the manager for at least comping one of my beers but he didn’t even do that.

3. While the gift card is a nice gesture it does noting to address the fact that my throat closes up and my stomach churns every time I think about this and that I am now checking every glass I drink for glass.

What do you think? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment