Monday, October 29, 2012

My hurricane beer list

As Sandy blows around outside my door I thought I'd post a little piece some of the beers I'll be enjoying through the storm.

I like to do theme drinking every once in a while. In this case I've gone for some beers that make me think about the weather.

Red Sky at Night - Red sky at night, sailor's delight, red sky in the morning, sailor take warning. This beer goes out to the Coast Guardsmen working during the storm. Bring 'em home safe guys.

Whirlwind - You could do a whole weather themed night with Victory Brewing. They have Whirlwind, Storm King, Helios and Baltic Thunder. This beer is for all of the weathermen and women out there keeping us informed.

Long Trail Imperial Porter - It's always darkest before the dawn. This beer goes out to those who are dealing with blackouts from the storm.

Apollo - Bring back the sun. This one goes out to the clean up crews out there to help after the storm is over.

Wilco Tango Foxtrot - just shack your head and have a pint. This beer goes out to the reporters and others standing out in the worst of the wind and rain...what the hell is wrong with you?

Besides these I've been having some stouts and other dark beers...it's cloudy and gloomy here in Elizabeth City and I wanted something to match the mood. Now if I only had one of these...Haier 26 Bottle Wine Cellar - Black - Wine & Beer Coolers in the living room.

Everyone stay safe and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment