Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Back to San Juan...again

Had to go back to San Juan one more time. The land of beaches and sun called me back and I went. Since this meant I was working again it also meant that I didn't have much time to explore. I did get to check out a couple of new spots on top of visiting some of my favorites from the last two trips. In case you missed those posts check out here and here.

One of the first places I ran into was next door to where I had dinner in Condado. The Small Bar is just as its name implies, small. It's a dive wedged between a tattoo parlor and a Chinese restaurant. The bar is tiny so don't expect to find seating or even a place to walk but they have a good selection of bottles from all over. grab one and stand out front and enjoy watching the people.

Bar Gitano was amazing, a gastro pub that had good beer and was getting new stuff all the time. This is a tapas bar and is well worth the visit for some great food. I had a taste of several of the appetizers and had a small pizza all were worth writing home about. Their beer selection was small but decent.

The Place had just opened between my last visit. This burger and beer shop in large and airy and has the game on if you need to watch it. The burgers are ok coming on artisan buns and they have sweet potato fries. The saving grace for this place is their beer selection but even his had issues of the three beers I ordered they were out of the first two or they hadn't come in yet. Don't put it on the menu if you don't have it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment